Painters Guide to Color
Item No: 151:0823039137
Author: Stephen Quiller
Publisher: Watson-Guptill Publications, New York, 1999
Size: 210 x 280 mm (8.25 x 11 in.) 144 pages, 300 color illustrations, new Quiller Color Wheel, Paperback.
Painter's Guide To Color was written with the painter in mind, however, weavers, textile designers, interior decorators, and commercial artists have all benefited from award-winning artist Stephen Quiller's innovative and accessible color-theory techniques. Painter's Guide to Color will help you to train your eye to see and use color in exciting ways.
- Includes the new, removable gatefold Quiller Wheel, which is conveniently designed to be portable for studio and outdoor painters alike.
- Presents the Quiller Wheel system of mixing colors. Learn how to create any color imaginable with this twelve-color palette and free yourself from needing to purchase and tote around premixed tube colors.
- Incorporates the most up-to-date information about light-fast and color-fast paints, ensuring that your work will stand the test of time.
- Presents a wide range of fundamental color-theory concepts, including the value-intensity foundation. Harmonious and discordant colors, and how to use "grays" to maximum benefit. Plus, discusses the numerous painting techniques, giving tips how each can be used too maximize color expression.
- Includes an innovative chapter on the emotional use of color, which features up to fourteen ranges within each of the six major color families and lists the emotions and subjects that each of these colors can evoke.
- Features a historical section of master painters who have used color in inspiring ways.
Availability: Usually ships within 24 hours.